India ranks fourth in the world in having the highest number of surgeries. Liposuction is the most common surgical procedure. The professional history of liposuction encourages others to choose the procedure. If you are one of those people who wants to go under the nail to get the right body shape and contours, then you need to learn more about the cutting technique.
Here, we list some questions you should ask your doctor before doing liposuction to learn about the procedure from the professionals. In India, you can get good Liposuction practice in Gurgaon and various metro cities.
• How does liposuction work?
Liposuction is a procedure that involves removing body fat from designated areas. It is done to remove subcutaneous fat that does not respond to diet and exercise.
There are many different methods of liposuction, such as tumescent, laser, VASER, etc.
The most common liposuction procedure involves the use of a cannula, which is a needle attached to a suction tube that is attached to extract fat tissue. The development of new technology in the field of surgery, such as laser and VASER technology allows the physician to perform liposuction in a minimalist way. You should ask the doctor what procedure they will use for liposuction in detail.
• Who is a suitable candidate for liposuction surgery?
People think that in order to gain body fat, they can undergo the liposuction process. But it is not so. The doctor will review your overall health before deciding if you are a suitable candidate for liposuction or not.
You can make the cut if you are a parent and meet the following requirements:
- You have tried to lose fat by eating and exercising without any good results.
- You are within 30% of your normal body weight with a reasonable BMI.
- Your skin is firm, elastic, and the flesh sounds good.
- You have a good idea of the process and specific goals in mind.
- You don’t smoke.
Once you fulfill these conditions, you can perform liposuction.
However, here are some situations in which you may not be considered a good candidate for cutting:
- If you want to get rid of cellulite because liposuction is not a weight loss procedure.
- If you are overweight or obese.
- If you have an illness or disease that impairs your ability to heal.
- If your skin is soft or has poor elasticity.
When you ask a qualified doctor, he or she can tell you not to do liposuction if you are a woman who is planning to become pregnant in the future.
• What parts of the body can be treated with liposuction?
Liposuction can be performed on many parts of the body at the same time. Common areas that can be best treated with liposuction are the abdomen, waist, hips, neck, thighs, knees, back, and neck.
In many cases, liposuction can be combined with other cosmetic procedures, such as tummy tuck, butt lift, fat transfer, etc. to give better results.
• How much fat can be safely removed through liposuction?
There is no standard guide for this. But most doctors who follow safety guidelines to perform liposuction say that 5 liters (11 pounds) of fat can be safely removed through a single liposuction treatment.
Taking more fat than recommended can lead to some unwanted side effects. Therefore, most physicians adhere to boundaries to prevent complications.
• How to prepare for liposuction?
It is important to ask your doctor what you should do to prepare for liposuction treatment. You don’t have to follow any strict rules. But make sure you stop taking certain medications such as aspirin or blood thinners. You should stop smoking at least 6 weeks before surgery to ensure that smoking does not alter the effects of liposuction surgery.
• What are the challenges and problems associated with the process?
After having liposuction, you will notice pain, swelling, tingling, nausea, and some common symptoms that resolve after a few weeks. However, there are other problems with the process, such as:
- Dull skin or various side effects
- Blood or hematoma
- The number will continue for months
- Change skin color
- Pulmonary edema or buildup of fluid in the lungs
- Pulmonary embolism or formation of blood clots in the lungs
- Damage to the internal body during surgery.
While these problems can be serious, they can be alleviated by seeking help from a qualified and experienced physician.
• What is the healing time after liposuction?
The recovery period after liposuction is the most difficult time. You may be able to return to your daily activities in 2-7 days. However, you need to follow some specific instructions to heal properly and get the desired results from liposuction.
To do this, you need to exercise every day and eat healthy foods. Avoid smoking and all drinking to ensure your body heals faster and the problems are reduced.
In addition, you will need to wear tight -fitting clothes to keep the areas in place in a safe place.
• How long will it take to see the consequences?
The side effects of liposuction surgery are often seen after the first month. The results will always depend on how well you follow the doctor’s instructions in the first month. It helps if you exercise regularly and maintain a healthy weight. This will ensure that your goals are achieved and have a long lasting effect.
You need to gather information about the doctor. Therefore, it is best if you ask these questions:
- Is the doctor certified to do plastic surgery?
- How many years have you seen a doctor?
- Can the doctor show before and after pictures of patients who have had liposuction under his or her care?
- What is the success of the process?
- Where does the doctor make the incision?
Before booking liposuction, it is more likely that it will be stressful or forget to ask a few questions. Don’t worry, the professional doctor will clear up your doubts and worries before starting the surgery. Therefore, you should choose a trusted doctor.
Disclaimer: The words, opinions, and data contained in these publications are those of the authors and contributors only and not those of Credihealth or the editor.
Call +91 8010-994-994 and speak with Credihealth Medical Experts no FREE. Get help in choosing the right doctor and clinic, compare medical prices from different centers and the latest medical updates over time.